JOB TITLE: Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Property Management
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LSA Management is an innovative new property management firm combining the expertise and passion of Laurel Street and Avanath Capital. As partners in this exciting new venture, Avanath brings its national experience in property operations together with Laurel Street’s expertise in developing and preserving multifamily communities. LSA has a long-term owner’s focus on quality and impact providing a unique opportunity to add value for residents, team members, and partners. LSA strives to provide best-in-class property management for apartment communities across the Southeast. Headquartered in Charlotte, LSA Management provides property management services for all Laurel Street communities as well as Avanath’s communities in Georgia and North Carolina. In 2023, this includes 3,000 units in Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia. By 2030, LSA Management expects to have a management portfolio of over 10,000 units.
Laurel Street is a mixed-income housing developer and owner headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina with a development portfolio of nearly 5,000 units across the Southeast. Our portfolio includes a mix of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit communities and workforce housing developments that serve middle income and market rate households. Avanath is a vertically integrated owner, operator, and investment fund manager of over $3.5 billion in assets. Avanath is based in Irvine, California and manages over 18,000 units. Both organizations are deeply committed to providing best in class housing opportunities for families of all income levels.
The Marketing Manager position is based in Charlotte, North Carolina and will report to the Vice President of Property Management. The Marketing Manager is responsible for a wide range of responsibilities supporting our property teams and corporate stakeholders as well as hands-on, day-to-day implementation of property and corporate marketing efforts. This position will plan and oversee comprehensive marketing plans for the property portfolio, helping support the corporate branding strategy, and new development lease-up strategies. This position is a unique blend of creative design, storytelling, systems maintenance, and data analysis and creation. As a strategic partner to the property management team, the Marketing Manager will focus on enhancing the resident experience, creating effective marketing, advertising tools/designs, and continuing to educate themselves in marketing, sales, and tech trends that will enhance our teams’ abilities to sell and enhance the LSA brand.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Supports the organization’s values and culture by supporting and encouraging collaboration, innovation, excellence, and commitment to the communities we serve, and meeting the owner’s goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- LEASE UP – Participate in the branding of new properties with the Development team and partners in the project. Once branded, create splash pages for all new properties. Once lease up has begun, create fully updated websites for all new LSA properties. Assist in developing effective ongoing communications to individuals in our pipeline including interest lists, wait lists, applicants, etc. Actively participate in lease up calls providing marketing recommendations to achieve the lease up goals. Create, order and coordinate all marketing material needs for a lease up at the property level.
- PROPERTY RELATED MARKETING – Create effective marketing programs that will generate traffic in collaboration with the property teams. These campaigns will be a combination of digital and traditional methods. With the Regional team, the position will create an LSA social media plan for the individual properties and LSA. As needed coordinate the updating of photography at all properties and the photography of all new properties in the lease up and acquisition phase. Work with photographers to keep the library of photo assets up to date. Brainstorm and execute creative uses for the data we have in our sales funnel. Create all needed brochures, sell sheets and other needed property marketing materials. Assist with LSA resident engagement including resident surveys, resident events communication and marketing, and resident welcome gifts. Assist with continual creation of virtual sales tools including virtual tours, videos, interactive site maps, interior renderings, 3D floorplans, etc.
- ONLINE MARKETING – Manage the company’s digital presence including but not limited to securing and confirming Google business profiles for all LSA properties. Be familiar with the fair housing and regulatory landscape; ensure that all materials are produced in compliance with legal and risk management best practices and guidelines. Monitoring Google analytics to adjust marketing plans to enhance website traffic and social media performance. Make recommendations and place ads online including apartments.com, regional and targeting online advertising sites specific to individual properties. Implement Google (and other formats) digital ads as part of property marketing plans. Implement ad and digital enhancements including retargeting, geofencing, etc. Participate in the creation, maintenance and updating of property websites.
- LSA MARKETING-Build brand awareness for LSA across our footprint. Assist in initiatives related to branded products, and other marketing matters for LSA as needed. Participate in managing the digital presence of the company including management and continuous improvement of the corporate website, plus the property and LSA social media accounts. Participate in annual LSA property budget process as it relates to advertising spend. Standardize brand guidelines for LSA including letterhead, digital letterhead, email signature blocks, out of office messaging, use of property specific brand guidelines, etc. Maintain a strong and diverse stock images library for use in marketing materials. Maintain routine review of regular marketing and advertisements for accuracy, correctness, creative content, etc. Create marketing training on marketing and branded components as part of onboarding and annual training at the property level.
- SOCIAL MEDIA – Utilize and monitor social media advertising (Facebook, Instagram, Linked In) as part of LSA’s overall plans for property marketing. Create an effective social media policy for LSA and the LSA properties including posting guidelines, effective management of comments and reviews, and guidelines on brand level posting versus property specific postings. Develop professionally and timely respond to all public comments made in regard to LSA and LSA properties that are received on Google, social media and other sites. Determine individuals responsible for responding to comments in a timely manner. Escalate issues raised in comments and reviews as needed. Coordinate with Regional Staff on rolling out to all LSA employees effective training on social media.
- GENERAL MARKETING – Respond to requests from stakeholders to assist on specific needs including designing collateral, creating property specific advertisements on relevant sites as needed (I.e. Apartments.com), brainstorming themes, producing signage, etc. Determine new property marketing requirements including interior marketing of the property. Assist in creating move in gifts/baskets, marketing for events, newsletter formats for all properties, and other marketing requests. Assist at the Corporate and property level on providing event planning support. Assist with property events, such as Grand Openings and lease-up events, ensure that they are leveraged for marketing purposes.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, advertising, communications, or graphic design is desirable. Other educational tracks will be considered based on experience.
- At least three (3) + years of experience in multifamily marketing management.
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills combined with discretion to confidential materials.
- Ability to develop and implement long range and short-term enhancements to marketing.
- Ability to professionally collaborate with multiple team members.
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work to meet company goals and objectives.
- Some out-of-state travel is required as well as routine visits to our properties.
- Ability to use various software efficiently and effectively such as Adobe In-Design, Canva, spreadsheets, presentation programs, including strong experience in Microsoft Office Suite.