Laurel Street Residential is seeking an experienced accounting professional to expand our capacity to develop mixed-income, multi-family housing in the Southeast. Launched in 2011, Laurel Street Residential is a growing, entrepreneurial development company with a development portfolio that includes over 3,600 units valued at over $500 million. Laurel Street focuses on developing mixed-income housing with high-quality amenities, features, and programs for working families and seniors.
The role of the Construction Engineer is to assist with the planning, coordination, and management of new construction and renovation/rehabilitation multifamily projects. The Construction Engineer will work with Laurel Street’s Development Department and is responsible for advocating for the best interests of the company while assisting with construction projects through each phase of development. The successful candidate will have an understanding of construction practices, strict attention to detail, a deep appreciation for time constraints, and a clear understanding of the documentation involved in construction.
Job Responsibilities (listed responsibilities may include but are not limited to the items listed)
o Assist with budget and Constructability reviews at all phases of development.
o Request proposals, create budgets and oversee vendors for owner-provided scope.
o Represent Construction Management as needed in meetings, taking notes and reporting back on meeting discussions.
o Assist in preparing documents and saving project related information in the appropriate location on the server.
o Review and provide support to ensure constructability concerns are addressed and submitted in a timely manner.
o Track comments and changes from approvers and associated cost impacts.
o Assist in coordinating owners provided scope items are identified and contracts are completed as needed.
o Assist with MWBE identification, recruitment, and audits while also working with MWBE representatives, and coordinators from local jurisdiction.
o Assist with coordinating design consultant needs, contracts, scopes of work and evaluating reports.
o Assist with energy tax credit programs related to solar, energy star, ZERH, NGBS, 45L and energy star multifamily criteria.
o Participate in monthly OAC meetings with General Contractor and internal team involved in the project.
o Responsible for conducting weekly site visits, taking progress pictures, monitoring construction progress and preparing construction progress reports.
o Assist with reviewing RFIs and potential change orders for thoroughness, accuracy, and appropriateness.
• Construction (Continued)
o Conduct project inspections and help create punch lists.
o Asist with coordinating events including ground-breaking and grand openings.
o Assist with communications and follow-up with development lead, design team and general contractors.
o Coordinate setting up property utility accounts (internet, electric, etc.) with service providers.
o Help manage surveys, request for information, and checklists to ensure all are fully completed.
o Assist with maintaining of Potential Change Orders Log (PCOs) and budget in Monthly Construction Report.
o Work on design components including paint colors, furniture needs, schedule timing for items, and confirm design elements are completed.
o Attend agency inspections and track required construction follow-up.
o Assist in final construction punch walk and delivery of all closeout documentation and warranty information.
o Conduct subcontractor interviews and scope reviews.
o Assist with requests for proposals, contract negotiations and scheduling.
Education/Experience and Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Building Science, Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field OR two to three years’ experience in a construction-related field (i.e. Co-Op or Intern in Construction).
• Knowledge of wood-frame construction, and/or multi-family construction is preferred but not required.
• Basic understanding of reading construction plans, specifications, and familiarity with equipment used in the construction process.
• Understanding of means and methods used in construction and rehabilitation process.
• Ability to assist with cost estimating and materials involved in building development and construction, building codes, ADA requirements and recommendations.
• Familiarity with principles and practices of budget preparation and maintaining a safe work environment.
• Computer Skills include Microsoft Office, experience with these programs is desired but preferred. Bluebeam, Procore, Building information modeling (BIM), and Smartsheet.
• Experience with emails, calendars and project management software preferred.
• Strong communication skills including written and verbal communications.
• Maintain a good cooperative relationship with the company, architects, engineers, contractors, employees, materials suppliers, customers, project partners and the general public
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive base salary and incentive potential are offered, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package. Vehicle allowance is included.
Please email your resume to Laurel Street Residential at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest!